“Wrestling Festival of the Mongol Tuurgatan/Nation, organized annually by the "World Mongolian National Wrestling Federation", was held in our country for the first time in 2009. The honorary president of the federation is Dagvadorj. D and the head is Juramt B. /as of 2012/. In short, the goal of organizing the festival is to unite the Mongol ethnic and nation, Juramt Bukhuu once said”.
It was organized in order to popularize and develop Mongolian wrestling among the felt tent dwellers/tuurgatan and make it known internationally. However, Mongolian wrestlers have never participated in the National naadam, and with the revision of the law on the National naadam festival, wrestlers of World Mongols can compete in the naadam festival.
Out of the foreign wrestlers who participated in this year's festival, three wrestlers from Tuva won two, while wrestlers from Southern /Inner/ Mongolia, Kalmykia, and Buryatia fell behind by round one. Wrestlers from Tuva who have achieved great success in their region also participated. It was special that the head of state of Tuva came during the festival and wished success to the wrestlers.
As for the previously organized World Mongols’ Festival, between 2009 and 2018, its scale expanded and became a major international event where Mongols travel to Southern /Inner/ Mongolia, Buryatia, and Tuva to meet and unite through art, culture and tradition.
Magaljav Ts., head of the Mongolian National Wrestling Federation /MNWF, told:
"It is necessary to encourage and glorify the Mongol nations abroad who fight and promote Mongolian wrestling. "Therefore, MNWF is planning to effectively organize 2-3 teams out of 32 teams from Southern /Inner/ Mongolia, Tuva, and Buryatia to participate in the team wrestling series that will be held in autumn from October to even months."
Listed according to the year of the World Mongols Festival:
- In 2009, in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, in "ASA" circus
- In 2009, the Shar tal of the Shiliin river in the Southern /Inner/ Mongolian
- In 2010, Ulan-Ude, Buryatia, Russia
- In 2011, in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, the "Peace Festival of the World Mongols" dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the modern diplomatic service of Mongolia
- In 2011, "Festival of Nomadic of the World" in Kyzyl, Tuva, Russian Federation
- In 2012, in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- In 2018, the wrestling tournament of Mongol tuurgatan\nation was held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Representatives of the World Mongol Ethnicity participating in the naadam 2022
Buryat Mongols from Republic of Buryatia participated in the naadam
2 coaches and 2 wrestlers from Ulan-Ude city of Buryatia participated. The names and achievements of Buryatia wrestlers who wrestled in Mongolia:
- Ayuur Aldarov, master of sports of the Russian Federation, born in 1987, Naadan-Sur archery champion of the Republic in weight over 75 kg.
- Bazarov Vandan, born in 1982, master of sports of the Russian Federation, Naadan-Sur archery champion at 75 kg weight.
- Ukhinov Zorikto, born in 2003, bronze medalist of Naadan-Sur archery at 75 kg.
- Nimaev Ayuur, born in 2004, Naadan-Sur archery silver medalist in 92 kg, participated.
Coach Tsedendamba Vandan
He said that the Buryatia Naadam is coming soon, so the wrestlers with big titles have not yet participated this time. He had come to Mongolia several times before and had his wrestlers wrestle.
Watch the interview: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZPbJV4DNIU (Language in Mongolian.)
Tuva Mongols from Republic of Tuva participated in the naadam
A total of 19 representatives from Tuva, 15 wrestlers, 2 junior wrestlers and 2 coaches, successfully participated. Names and titles of Tuva wrestlers who wrestled in Mongolia:
Coach Kuular Kandemir's interview
Tuva wrestler Karasal Tseden-Ochir
Among the Tuva wrestlers, Karasal Tseden-Ochir should be highlighted. As for him, he is a member of the Tuva parliament and is the head of their National wrestling federation. Before competing in the National Naadam, he won the Sergelen soum naadam of the Tuv aimag and was awarded the title of Zaan (Elephant).
Tuva wrestler Mongush Aydamir
Mongush Aydamir, the Arslan (lion) of Tuva, won the title of "Arslan (Lion)" in 2015 in Tuva. Father Aydamir who holds the title of arslan (lion) is a close relative of Tuva's famous wrestler Mongush Ayas.
Watch the interview:
Wrestler Jarandoloo represented Southern (Inner) Mongolia
He was born in 1983, a native of Ar Khorchin District, Ulaan Had City. Lecturer at Hokkaido University, Japan. Doctor of Natural Sciences. Wrestler of the Mongolian Wrestling Club in Japan.
Here is a list of his sport achievements:
- In 2006-2007, he took second place and third place at the student wrestling festival in Hohhot.
- In 2007-2008, he won twice at the Mongolian naadam in Beijing;
- In 2010, he was ranked 64th in the 1024 wrestling festival of Arkhorchin banner;
- Took first place in Japan wrestling festival (autumn festival) 2 times. He also won five times and took second place once in other naadams held in Japan;
- Made it to the second place once and quarterfinals once at the National Wrestling of Spring Festival in Japan;
- In sumo wrestling, he competed in seven university sumo tournaments among Northeastern universities and won the first place for three years in a row. In singles, he led once and won second place twice. Also the champion of the new student sumo tournament;
- In 2015, he won second place in the Six-Prefecture Freestyle Wrestling Championship in Northeast Japan. In the same year, he won first place in 97 kg in the training competition for athletes participating in the National Sports Festival of Japan. However, due to his citizenship, his right to participate in national competitions was revoked.
- In addition, he holds the rank of black belt in judo. Participated in international marathons in 2007 and 2008 and Sendai City International Marathon (2017).
- In 2017, he received an award from the Japanese Animal Products Research Society.
Kalmyk Mongols who participated in the naadam from Kalmykia
1 wrestler, 1 coach, and 1 visitor, total of three people from Kalmykia greeted us with tears as soon as they arrived in Mongolia, saying that everything is really good in Mongolia.
Coach Gennady Levinov, Andreev Mergen Nimgirovich and Boh Imeev Saikhan were present.
Kalmykia wrestler Imeev Saikhan
Imeev Saikhan, a 23-year-old wrestler from Kalmykia Republic of the Russian Federation, is a freestyle wrestler and gymnast. He has won the Kalmykia national wrestling, and got the right to participate in Mongolian naadam. His father holds the titles of master of sports of the Soviet Union in freestyle wrestling, master of sports of the Russian Federation in Greco-Roman wrestling, absolute champion and titled “Avarga” of Kalmykia national wrestling.
Kalmykia national wrestling referees
Gennady Aleksandrovich Levinov, honored coach of Russian Federation
Gennady Aleksandrovich Levinov, the honored coach of Russian Federation and the president of Kalmyk Mongolian National Wrestling Federation "Bok Barildaan", is coming to Mongolia for the first time. Bagtaya Basang, the athlete trained by him, is in the Russian national team and won a bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
Anjuran Murgen came from Kalmykia to watch the naadam festival
He is coming to Mongolia for the second time and has come to see this year's naadam festival. Mergen is engaged in animal husbandry in his area. He said that we Mongolians are brothers and sisters and need to be close. He shared that he remembers us warmly.
Watch the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmZSPT8v6kg
He sent a video of her taking care of her horse from Kalmykia.
We wish our Mongols from the world to come back to Mongolia with more training and participate successfully in next year's naadam and other competitions. It is imperative that the Mongols and ethnic groups of the world pass on the ancient rich history and culture to the next generation and strengthen their cooperation and harmony, and may the many activities to develop the cooperation of the Mongols continue to expand in the future.
Nevertheless, next year's naadam is still far away. . .
World Mongol Federation